Rathlin Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robert the Bruce - Future commemoration of his stay in Rathlin?

2 posters

Go down

Robert the Bruce - Future commemoration of his stay in Rathlin? Empty Robert the Bruce - Future commemoration of his stay in Rathlin?

Post  peter campbell Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:45 am

The Island last commemorated King Robert the Bruce's visit to Rathlin in June 2007. Should the event be repeated? if so when? After 5 years? or 10? It takes time to set up events of this sort and a decision should be taken two years ahead if it is to get into appropriate programmes and raise the finance.

peter campbell

Back to top Go down

Robert the Bruce - Future commemoration of his stay in Rathlin? Empty Robert the Bruce

Post  rdca Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:33 am

Hello Peter - as an Englishman (now working on this sometime Scottish and now Irish Island) it even seems to me that the Bruce should be given his fair honour and duly remembered in style. There are some conversations going on somewhere at the moment about a possible Ulster Scots/Irish event to be held on Rathlin and I wonder if I might slip your idea into that pot and see what happens... Sorry I can't be more specific at this point. If that doesn't work, then perhaps we should get the Rathlin Thinking caps on and see what comes up?
David

rdca

Back to top Go down