Rathlin Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Keogh

2 posters

Go down

Andy Keogh Empty Andy Keogh

Post  Andy Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:34 am

Thanks very much Michael for setting up this Forum, I hope it goes from Strength-to-Strength.

I'm Andy Keogh, born and dragged up in Greenock. I've a bit more than a passing interest in "All Things Rathlin" and welcome any other Websites that may help in my ongoing search for EVERY PERSON WITH RATHLIN ROOTS.

As an aside, I know the Rathlin Cecils were from America, does anyone know WHERE?

Andy

Back to top Go down

Andy Keogh Empty Re: Andy Keogh

Post  Michael Cecil Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:03 am

Hi Andy and welcome , I have browsed your own site on and off for years , feel free to link back (maybe in your signature here).

The Cecils were not originally from the US but 5-6 generations ago a Vincent Cecil emmigrated there before returning later in life. I will ask around for some more info.

Michael Cecil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:19 am

Hi again Michael,

Vincent was born in Baltimore around 1840, the original name may have been Cecille. He married Ann (Nancy) McCurdy in America. They produced: Mary E. (1868), Vincent (1870) and Eoin Andris [John Andrew Cecil] (1870) all were all born in America.

Sometime, I think, after 1890 they moved back to Rathlin (Ann's original home but not the Cecils).

I thought I'd found then in Baltimore in 1870 under the spelling of Castille (or something) but couldn't prove it.

I'll look in often.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum